Sunday, April 19, 2009

Embarrassing

The NY Yankees are the most historic and successful franchise in all of sports. With 26 world championships they have earned these accolades and all the respect, and of course money that comes along with it. Because they are so famous, the have a a payroll that is well over 200 million dollars, with about a billion dollars in contracts tied up amongst 5 players. Additionally, they just opened a new 1.5 billion dollar stadium that is absolutely amazing. I mean, the beers are 9$ and a hot dog 5.50, but still, the place is great.

So, as a yankee fan, Im obviously cool with the Yankees being the rich guys of the MLB. I mean, to me, if you're the best, you will have the most money and therefore recruit the best players. What I am not cool with though... 225 million dollars worth of embarrassment as the yankees lost yesterday, during their first series in the new stadium by a score of 22-4. Yes, 22 runs scored against us. If I am the owner, and I'm shelling out that kind of money, I am going down to that locker room and literally ripping someone's head off. I mean, that is beyond embarrassing. So, I am heading to yankee game today, and hoping that my rich team starts playing like the millionare's they are. Because if this shit continues, I will not be a happy season ticket holder, and will be complaining quite often on how the Yankees are kinda like shit.

NY Yankees, It's Kinda Like...-C-

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that many meatballs since Clemenza's gravy. I could have a hit a damn home run on Saturday. Let's hope that was the one bad game of the year and it's out of their system. Good god that was awful. Nice comeback on Sunday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Yankee Stadium is averaging 5 homeruns per game so far, thats crazy. -C-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will rather say: Red soxs is kinda like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday night at 7:10 the Yankees are going down!! Not that our start has been any better than the Yanks... but in this series none of that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why their may be a lot of homeruns in Yankee stadium

    http://www.cnbc.com/id/30310784

    ReplyDelete